Stoneware is excellent for all oven baking because it conducts
heat evenly and uniformly. Your new stoneware pot will last a long
time if you remember a few pointers:
- Stoneware does not like sudden and extreme temperature changes.
- If the pot is to be put into a hot oven preheat with hot water.
- Or, put pot into cold oven and allow it to heat up with oven.
- Never use stoneware on direct heat or under a broiler.
Stoneware is also excellent for serving hot or cold beverages, hot casseroles or soups. Remember to:
- Preheat any pot to which you are adding boiling liquid.
- Have pot at toom temperature if using in microwave oven.
Stoneware is dishwasher safe and all glazes are food safe.